Below are the answers to some frequently asked questions and concerns.
We hope that they are helpful to you!
We hope that they are helpful to you!
1. How do I get a NYS marriage license?
- Visit your local City or Town Clerks office bring your $35.00 - $40.00 fee.
- Both parties must appear together before any NY State Clerk. Each party needs to bring one form of official photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport), plus birth certificates.
- If divorced, you must show the clerk a certified copy of your divorce decree issued by the Court.
- There is NO blood test or medical exam required. The clerk will hand you the marriage license, which can be used (take out for) up to 60 days after a 24-hour waiting period.
- Hand your marriage license to our minister before the ceremony.
- Niagara Falls Clerk Location in Niagara Falls USA 745 Main Street Room 114 in our City Hall Building. Contact: Phone 716.622.9517
2. How long will our ceremony last?Your wedding ceremony will last approximately 15-20 minutes. We do tell all couples to plan on 45 minutes to an hour from the time they arrive at their ceremony site, go through their wedding service, take wedding photos (if requested) and then back to their vehicle. We do ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled ceremony time. ***Please note: If you do arrive after your scheduled ceremony time…this will take away from your experience. You will also be charged a late arrival fee of $50.00 if you are over 30 minutes late.
3. What type of vows will be used for our ceremony?Your ceremony will be conducted by our Ordained minister with over 25 years in ministry. Our minister will use the traditional wedding vows during your ceremony. We also like couples to know that there is a place in the ceremony, when our minister will ask you to speak to each other. Many couples do speak from their heart, or sometimes write and recite something that they have composed. It is not required. However; we do like to let couples know that it is an option if they wish!
4. When will our photos/DVD arrive after our ceremony?Your wedding photos/DVD/CD will arrive approximately 2-3 weeks after your ceremony takes place. You will receive 24 4x6’s, plus an 8x10. You will also receive your photos in a wedding album. Your photos will be delivered to the address that you provide us.*Please let our wedding coordinator know, if you wish your photos to be mailed to a separate address,other than the one given at the time of your booking.
5. What type of cake will we receive with our photo package?With the purchase of our photo package, you will receive a FREE wedding cake as our thank you gift! You may choose chocolate or traditional gold cake. Your cake will be two tiered, and will have white butter cream frosting. It does serve 8-10 people. It will be packaged for you, including plates…napkins, forks and knife. You will also have cups for your free bottle of champagne!
6. Where will we be meeting the minister for our ceremony?As each ceremony location is specific, We will coordinate setting location with you prior to your ceremony. With Brink or Garden weddings, we will meet you in the Brink/Garden parking lot located at: 300 Prospect Street. Once you get to this address, you will see a large red, green and gold sign that reads: Niagara Falls State Park. You will enter into that lot, and you will drive through a toll area. We will meet you in the lot on the left hand side. Our vehicle will have “Weddings By The Falls” right on it!
7. Will we have to pay a fee to enter into the Niagara Falls State Park?When you schedule a wedding at either the Brink or Garden setting, you will not have to pay the $10.00 parking fee. The bride and groom’s vehicle is always free! *Please remember to let the toll attendants know that you are there for your wedding ceremony, and they will waive the parking fee. If you are expecting guests in your party, each additional car will be expected to pay the parking fee. Many guests car pool!
8. If we do decide to have our stay in Canada, how much time should we allow to cross the border prior to our ceremony?We always ask couples to give themselves 45 minutes to an hour to get across the Canadian Rainbow Bridge. Many times couples find themselves delayed. We have had couples on the bridge anywhere from 15 minutes, to over an hour. Crossing time will depend on the day, security status and traffic.
Happily Ever After Begins Here!
Call us today and let our award winning wedding planner help make your dreams come true!
Re-designed by: Will Salisbury